8 days & 7 nights
01.05.2023 - 31.12.2023
COLOMBO CITY TOUR
Colombo is the commercial capital and largest city of Sri Lanka. According to the Brookings Institution, Colombo has a population of 5.6 million in metropolitan area, and 752,993 in the City proper. It is the financial center of the island and a popular tourist destination. Colombo was known to ancient traders 2,000 years ago. Famous landmarks in Colombo include Galle Face Green Viharamahadevi Park, Beira Lake, Colombo Racecourse, Planetarium, University of Colombo, Mount Lavinia beach, Nelum Pokuna Theatre, Colombo Lotus Tower(is being constructed) as well as the National Museum.
Yapahuwa was one of the ephemeral capitals of medieval Sri Lanka. In 1272, King Bhuvenakabahu transferred the capital from Polonnaruwa to Yapahuwa in the face of Dravidian invasions from South India, bringing the Sacred Tooth Relic with him. Following the death of King Bhuvenakabahu in 1284, the Pandyans of South India invaded Sri Lanka once again, and succeeded in capturing Sacred Tooth Relic. Following its capture, Yapahuwa was largely abandoned and inhabited by Buddhist monks and religious ascetics
Anuradhapura is one of the ancient capitals of Sri Lanka, Which is famous for its well-preserved ruins of ancient Sri Lankan civilization. The city, now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, was the center of Theravada Buddhism for many centuries. It is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world and one of the eight World Heritage Sites of Sri Lanka. The ancient city, considered sacred to the Buddhist world, is today surrounded by monasteries covering an area of over sixteen square miles (40 km²).
The Avukana statue is a standing statue of the Buddha near Kekirawa in North Central Sri Lanka. The statue, which has a height of more than 40 feet (12 m), has been carved out of a large granite rock face during the 5th century. It depicts a variation of the Abhaya mudra, and the closely worn robe is elaborately carved. Constructed during the reign of Dhatusena. The statue alone is 38 feet 10 inches (11.84 m) in height, and with the pedestal the total height of the Avukana statue reaches 42 feet (13m).
DAMBULLA ROCK TEMPLE
Dambulla cave temple also known as the Golden Temple of Dambulla is a World Heritage Site (1991) in Sri Lanka. The rock towers are spread over 160 m the surrounding plains. There are more than 80 documented caves in the surrounding area. Major attractions are spread over five caves.
SIGIRIYA ROCK FORTRESS
Sigiriya is an ancient palace located in the central Matale District near the town of Dambulla in the Central Province, Sri Lanka. According to the ancient Sri Lankan chronicle the Culavamsa, this site was selected by King Kasyapa (477 – 495 CE) for his new capital. He built his palace on the top of this rock and decorated its sides with colorful frescoes. On a small plateau about halfway up the side of this rock he built a gateway in the form of an enormous lion. Today Sigiriya is a UNESCO listed World Heritage Site. It is the most visited historic site in Sri Lanka.
POLONNARUWA ANCIENT CITY
Poḷonnaruwa is the main town of Polonnaruwa District in North Central Province, Sri Lanka. Kaduruwela area is the Polonnaruwa New Town and the other part of Polonnaruwa remains as the royal ancient city of the Kingdom of Polonnaruwa. The Ancient City of Polonnaruwa has been declared a World Heritage Site.
ALUVIHARAYA CAVE TEMPLE
The Aluvihare Rock Temple (also called Matale Alu Viharaya) is a sacred Buddhist temple located in Matale District of Sri Lanka. The history of Aluvihare Rock Temple is traced back to the 3rd Century B.C to the reign of King Devanampiyatissa. Aluvihare Rock Temple was the historic location, where the Pali Canon was first written down completely in text on Ola (palm) leaves. Many monastery caves, some of which exhibit frescoes are situated near this temple.
SRI DALADA MALIGAVA
Sri Dalada Maligawa or the Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic is a Buddhist temple in the city of Kandy, Sri Lanka. Kandy is a World Heritage Site mainly due to the temple. Rituals are performed three times daily, On Wednesdays there is a symbolic bathing of the relic with an herbal preparation made from scented water and fragrant flowers called Nanumura Mangallaya. This holy water is believed to contain healing powers and is distributed among those present.
ROYAL BOTANICAL GARDEN
Royal Botanical Garden, Peradeniya attracts 2 million visitors annually. It is renowned for its collection of orchids. The garden includes more than 4000 species of plants, including orchids, spices, medicinal plants and palm trees. Attached to it is the National Herbarium of Sri Lanka.The total area of the botanical garden is 147 acres (0.59 km2), at 460 meters above sea level, and with a 200-day annual rainfall.
NUWARA ELIYA CITY TOUR
Nuwara Eliya is a city, in the hill country of the Central Province, Sri Lanka. The city name gives the meaning "city on the plain (table land)" or "city of light". The city is the administrative capital of Nuwara Eliya District, with a picturesque landscape and temperate climate. It is located at an altitude of 1,868 m (6,128 ft) and is considered to be the most important location for tea production in Sri Lanka. The city is overlooked by Pidurutalagala, the tallest mountain in Sri Lanka. Nuwara Eliya is also known for the temperate, cool climate, the city is known as the coolest area in Sri Lanka.
YALA NATIONAL PARK
Yala National Park is the most visited and second largest national park in Sri Lanka. The park covers 979 square kilometres (378 sq mi) and is located about 300 kilometres (190 mi) from Colombo. The park is best known for its variety of wild animals. It is important for the conservation of Sri Lankan elephants, Sri Lankan leopards and aquatic birds. Yala hosts a variety of ecosystems ranging from moist monsoon forests to freshwater and marine wetlands. Yala National Park is one of the 70 Important Bird Areas (IBAs) in Sri Lanka. Yala harbours 215 bird species including six endemic species of Sri Lanka.
Galle Fort, in the Bay of Galle on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka, was built first in 1588 by the Portuguese, and then extensively fortified by the Dutch during the 17th century from 1649 onwards. The fort has a colourful history. The heritage value of the fort has been recognized by the UNESCO and the site has been inscribed as a cultural heritage UNESCO World Heritage Site for its unique exposition of "an urban ensemble which illustrates the interaction of European architecture and South Asian traditions from the 16th to the 19th centuries.